Help you reboot your pumping experience.
HELP! PUMPING SUCKS! Are you struggling with pumping? Maybe you are pumping exclusively and battling to meet your daily collection goals. Maybe you are combining pumping and breastfeeding and are not confident about how to manage it all. Perhaps you are pumping in pain, or pumping sessions are long and arduous. Maybe you are a newbie to it all and just need some hand holding through your maiden voyage. Whatever your issue or concern, I can demystify things for you and help you to establish a more positive relationship with your breast pump. I combine technical knowledge, humor, and elements borrowed from cognitive behavioral therapy to help you reboot your pumping experience. Sessions last about 2 hours during which time I will:
- Take a medical and feeding history.
- Discuss your feeding and pumping related questions, concerns and goals.
- Optionally, observe you feed your baby; weighing baby before and after the feed.
- Identify your baby’s intake requirement and assess your current milk supply.
- Coach you through a pumping session and offer suggestions for increased comfort and efficiency.
- Identify pumping-related triggers and present options to manage them.
- Discuss pumping equipment and accessory options.
- Discuss best practices for expressing, storing and thawing your milk as well as “life hacks” to streamline your day.
- Provide you with customized written suggestions to improve your pumping experience.
- Provide you with the documentation necessary for you to submit a reimbursement claim to your insurance provider.
Follow up phone support is included with your paid session. Payment is required at the time of service. I accept cash, check, credit/debit cards.